Life in Florida.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So, here we go...

In the face of a recent job offer still sitting on the table (with its $10k/year salary increase), I have decided to move forward with my "community enrichment" for the Town of Fort Myers Beach. I want to see the island attract new residents, businesses and visitors; I want to see pride prevail over grumpiness. For now, I'm starting a volunteer effort to try and get the positive ideas going. There is a lot of bad blood flowing around this island - people bearing the scars of administrations past. I have worked hard for all the residents and business owners of this island for 3 years, and I want to see their government work for them as well.

I don't know if that job is something I want or not. On one hand, I don't want to move 2 hours away, leave my family and the security of my current job. On the other hand is $10,000.

I am a charitable person. I like to think that I am kind and giving and that I help people. As such, I don't know if I can up and leave this public service and "abandon" the people I serve.

I know this blog is confusing. I will have to write more tomorrow - time to go home to Gizmo!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Ummmm... Well, you know, my mood changes every day, and I always have a new obsession. Today, I don't know what to write here.